Monday 31 October 2016

Mic check, one, ONE! two, TWO! TWO!

Two days left as I am writing this. The FOG is clearing and the end is in sight. It's been a rolleroaster of an experience. I was eternally optimistic and thankful for the opportunity with the declaration "I was looking for a placement and then I found a placement and heaven knows I am happy now" because something good happened to me since university gave me the shock of my life by providing me with a grade that I wanted. (college and school didn't give me that pleasure)

I have produced some really interesting pieces of graphic design since being here; from the sublime to the functional. Maybe one day my work will turn up while I am browsing the Internet. My adverts for the dating type website or for Treadmill gym will go live soon so this is a possibility. Keep your eagle eyes out for photos of couples looking eternally happy or an unreasonably big 29p.

From an idea that I really liked being completely ditched and flung on the skip and then being replaced with a giant star but I am just doing what I am told. From an impassioned speech by the boss on Marriage, Marketing and Making good headlines to discussions about my resemblance to Noddy Holder of Slade in Flame Fame. From being told that what I learnt at uni is wrong and that I am awesome (according to Craig). From receiving free doughnuts from the boss' brother to listening to Let it Be and Abbey Road all the way through.

Thank you FOG, You have thrown many design tasks, curveballs and life lessons at me and I've survived. It looks good on my CV and could even look good in my portfolio. If you are reading this thank you guys, you've made it worthwhile. May you prosper in your work and I will be downloading stunt car racing (the free version obviously, I am not made of money) to see where you guys go with this thing. It has a been a delight to meet you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment