Monday 13 February 2017

Cold -8 Steel Musicans

My dad introduced me to this great band in the middle of last year, no not the Cold -8 Steel Musicans but the Hot 8 Brass Band. I was introduced to them via there range of covers versions from Ghost Town (The Specials track), Bingo Bango (Basement Jaxx track) and Sexual Healing (Marvin Gaye track). These are now regular features on the James Reay Mega Mix.

We were due to go and see this band as part of the Durham brass band festival but my mother could not get the time off work. So we are probably going to this gig.

It was a great joy to see that they were doing a tour and playing Newcastle and it was even more of a joy to do the artwork for their SSD Concerts shows. So the artwork will be displayed in Glasgow, Newcastle, Hull and Edinburgh which is exciting stuff. I originally used block yellow shapes to disguise the fake concrete pattern I created.

I tried one more thing before settling on the simple & effective style as seen at the bottom of this post. Because the band is a 'Hot' band, I tried adding some fire to the poster



So this is the final thing: fake concrete used as a canvas, Bold Azo Sans and the sexy stypeface of the Boilershop logo.



No comments:

Post a Comment