Friday 17 February 2017

Back to Life

Personally the biggest act that I have designed for in my entire design career so far. Saying that since working with SSD Concerts bigger acts might come along.

I had great fun doing this poster, not only because I like the band but because it is a contrast to the rest of the posters that the rest of the venues used. Normally they send a photo to use and the image provided was a photo of Jazzie B & Caron Wheeler on a flat white back ground with a difficult space (in a design sense) and was short and wide (same problem with the Homeshake image).







I love the bands logo and wanted to exploit it some how. It sitting alone won't work a close crop of it would make even less sense so repetition was the best option. Repeating the word Soul wouldn't of made much sense so instead just over lapped them in a 4 x 3 grid and that would replace the image.

The text on the bottom was to be styled in the same as the template that I set up when I first got there as vehicle to get artwork out as quickly as possible if needed and if the band wanted a unique poster the template would be ditched in favour or pretty colours and layouts. This is a hybrid is the sense that it does not use the image provided but does utilise the template structure.



No comments:

Post a Comment