Thursday 31 March 2016

Thursday Thoughts; Gigs, Gigging, Gigger


Gigs. To many music fans they are the epitome of a good night out. Beer in one hand, ticket in the pocket, screaming your heart out to the song/fan favourite/ b-side being played by the band before you. I love gigs and have been trying yo remember all of the gigs I have been to. I have been going to them since year 10/11. 

The first (proper) gig was My Chemical Romance, with Mindless Self Indulgence support. It was a rubbish gig but great experience. The ritual of going to see a band live was set and confirmed by the second gig, the great Kaiser Chiefs (The Little ones and We Are Scientists support).

 I have seen some great shows, to list a few; The Lucid Dream, Sleaford Mods, The Wedding Present, The Prodigy, Primal Scream. I have seen less good too; Resurrection (Stone Roses tribute), Elvana (Elvis crossed with Nirvana), The Strypes, MCR, Oasis. 

But when a gigs good nothing can really beat it. At the end of The Prodigy, I was so tired a woman asked me if I was alright. Too much raving. Heaven 17, too much dancing. The Wedding Present, too pogoing. 

If you find yourself bored see what gigs are near you. Go out enjoy yourself. Better than watching repeats of repeats of Dad's Army on Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment