Saturday 4 April 2015

The Queen Did Die

A tribute band paying tribute to a classic album by the band who arguably invented what it currently means to be young and hipster. Seems like a good night out to me but how do you advertise such an event? If you dis, his majesty aka morrisey or mess up something considered iconic, you will be chased round the block by people with ill fitting thick rimmed glasses, books tooked under their arm of Tolstoy and Wilde, trying their best not to spill the capitalist blood of starbucks coffee.

Don't mess with the formula is the answer. keep it basic keep it simple. Basic effect of the image so that it looks like news print when magnified. For this poster I actually used the exact font used on the front cover of the album. Aren't I clever. I don't like this one as much as my previous work for The Smyths but it does the job and it's suitable. It keeps with the doom and gloom of the music

No comments:

Post a Comment