Friday 3 April 2015

A Derpy Duck Photograph




 Branding is one of the great joys in graphic design in my opinion. It's a challenge, trying to cram a companies ideals and morals into one icon. But I love it and to get a live branding brief at uni was a dream, we haven't had one in over a year, so it's long overdue.

The brief was to brand a photography conference held by the staff at the university but during the summer so outside of uni time. So I set about drafting ideas and pages and pages of layout paper left I had this idea which I then proceeded to take into illustrator and create. Bearing in mind I hate illustrator I think the logo itself has come out pretty sweet.

Once the logo was done then the website had to be done too. so I set about doing that in photoshop like I normally would and then having completed it, I was told well this is wrong and this is wrong and oh you are using photoshop, well we want you to use inDesign. The second week was fixing it and doing that.

Upon hand in I got some excellent news, not only was it a 75 (aka a first) but also it was in competition with two others to be chosen as the final design. Success. 






No comments:

Post a Comment