Thursday 28 January 2016

Thursday Thoughts; My New Favourite Band

Manic Street Preachers are the subject of this weeks post; enjoy;
My new favorite band are Manic Street Preachers. Now this band are not new to me at all. My brother is a massive fan having all their CD albums apart from one and heard them all bar one and that's my favourite one on both accounts. (Futurology)

But the other day, I stuck generation terrorists on and its sublime. It's got the self coined, least Manics sounding song, Loves Sweet Exile.  & then I put on The Holy Bible and that is a staggering record. With my new favorite Manics song on it "Faster". The  poetic use of language, them great riffs and the sound of the album as a whole; its all very dark. Then I was told there is a US mix of the album so I put that on and they sound head banging.


I first learnt about them during there comeback. NME, in 2008, give them the godlike genius award and they had a great album out " Send Away the Tigers".  Then they did the great follow job with "Postcards from a Young Man". So they had been floating around just not properly listened to them and now I have they are awesome. 

I didn't listen to " Rewind the Film" but the latest album "Futurology" is a must listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment