Sunday 3 August 2014

No Jazz Hands, Please

 What kind of design student would I be if I said I didn't like Jazz. It is almost essential for every student of the design variety to have a copy of Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, A Smiths album and a copy of Davis, Coltrane or Mingus. Brubeck, Coleman or Parker depending on your taste. Personally I Brubeck and Davis, but that's just me.

Jazz and design come together perfectly at the Blue Note label where designer, Reid Miles had to produce quality sleeves on a small budget for some of the biggest names in the genre. The quality of the design complements the jazz as well. If you don't believe me look it up you will be just as pleased as I was. It's perfect. Below are my tributes to Reid Miles' work. The added ring wear was added to give it the LP feel.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment