Monday 25 January 2016

Back to Basics? Who are they?

Obscure northern indie bands aren't hard to come by, But obscure northern indie bands that played a few gigs and did radio interviews are hard to come by. I bet not many people did that. Obscure northern indie bands that feature played a few gigs and did radio interviews are hard to come by and feature James Reay and Phillip Reay lead you to one band. Back to Basics were (are?) an indie punk band from the north east of England and they had three albums, one EP, a few live albums and one vinyl single all before fading into folklore. They did play the O2 academy 2; Bruce Foxton once stood on that stage.


The designer was the drummer and he is me. The bands design was a bit rubbish, or of it's time so I have been trying to salvage it a little bit by doing a selection of posters based on some of the bands output. I have done six. of which you can see the six now. I will be doing more as I want a full set so I can put them up on my wall. I loved being in that band. I nearly killed my brother during the second album but it was great fun. I must of been a pain to work with too. He nearly killed me. Several rehearsals, we couldn't play or if we did it was for twenty mins.

Here is a link to the music; https://soundcloud.com/back-to-basics

 or if you wanna play some now. see the song below;

No comments:

Post a Comment