Tuesday 24 February 2015

Rock the Kasabian


Rock the casbah, rock the casbah. Hang on...wrong band. I love Kasabian, new album not so much. but yeah their first album and third and fourth albums are all masterpieces of modern indie guitar music. Not quite that band are Kazabian, a tribute to them. They are playing at my local gig venue and I was given the poster. They are an excellent tribute to a band that are in such high demand in festivals. I am definitely going to this.

I chose to use the silhouette photo of the fake Tom Meighan because it is mysterious and also alludes that it could be the real man himself as it even had the promoter at the venue got confused. I am trying my best to avoid helvetica on these posters mainly because it is used by everyone ever. It is a beautiful typeface but over used so I am using Univers as a good replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment