Sunday 1 July 2018

12 x 12 - Mini Series announcement

I've always wanted to be a music journalist. I love writing about design, honest, but if you said which one came first it'd be music. I used to watch a program called "freshly squeezed" on channel 4, an orange pun I assume, when my dad went out to work on a morning and it would play the newest music videos discovering The Ordinary Boys, Kaiser Chiefs and Bob Sinclar.

 This coupled with a friends obsession with Green Day, a regular viewer of the free music video channels and a music obsessed family; it was hard not to be unless of course I am missing the link in the chain where I discovered the works of Herbert Bayer at the age of 3 and forgot about them.

No orange puns, kinda sad now
Herbert Bayer's sweet layout

Why am I telling you this? Well I have a rarely visited section of my record shelf that I would like to explore. It's the 12" singles collection. Now their are masters of the 12" format and then their are some who sound like the 12" release was an after thought. Not naming names yet... that is for this mini series 12x12; 1 record and 12 lines of text to review it.

I mean clearly I bought the record so I am not going to think that it is terrible but I have made some bad buying decisions and this might show me up a little bit but hey ho. We are all music lovers here. 

Here is a teaser of the first single >


No comments:

Post a Comment