Monday 2 January 2017

Getting my Five a day

I am starting a new mission this year to get five a day. Not the fruit, I am going to try and listen to 5 albums every weekday for at least this month but would love to make it last the year.

I am going to be unprejudiced on my choices; Most "pop" albums I don't listen to out of hand because the singles are boring or bad but that doesn't mean it's all bad. Most metal albums I reject based on the nonsense that my friends recommend me (Eric and Thomas that's you). Most C86/early indie pop I reject because I tried once and it sounded like bad imitation of The Smiths. Most Folk I reject with it stereotypically being slow, boring with an acoustic guitar and lone vocal.

So I am gonna listen to nearly everything and will be reporting my findings and results here for you all to witness. I think I will aim for once a week post about the albums. I am not expecting it to be a joy ride especially with some of the albums I have in mind but it should be interesting. May as well get out of my comfort zone with music rather than extreme sports (see diagram below).
Seems Legit
Don't be alarmed if you see on my spotify if I am listening to something odd my account hasn't be hacked and If you have any recommendations for albums that are worth my time or are worth a one time listen let me know in the comments. All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment