Friday 22 July 2016

Jobs and Albums

As I approach my 50th job applied for since leaving university I thought I would right something meaningful and exciting about it but I don't want to bore you with that. All you need to know is out of 50;
2 interviews
2 unsuccessful interviews
2 bits of half hearted feedback
just over ten job rejections
just under 40 no responders (that's not even a word, jam) at all

Now for something more exciting; the music press do it so I thought I would take the time two as well.The BEST albums of the year SO FAR...

It's been a mixed bag to say the least. Albums that I had hight hopes for; Savages: Adore Life, Fat White Family: Songs for our Mothers & ABC: Lexicon of Love II failed to reach the high watermark that I expected from the hype. Although some of the singles were great; Viva Love by ABC was infectious.

Albums that I thought would be rubbish were indeed rubbish; Life of Pablo by Kanye West give me one of the best tracks of the year but a rubbish album tooo many ideas in one album. Dis-functional is a good way to describe it. I found I could get into Rosin Murphy, The Invisble, even Radiohead. Don't Mention Primal Scream. Please. Just don't.

BEST list now and some great pieces of work (three word challenge);
  1. Metronomy; Summer 08; summery electro pop
  2. David Bowie (RIP); Blackstar; Perfect send off
  3. Iggy Pop; Post Pop Depression; "The Idiot" returns
  4. Steve Mason; Meet the Humans; Delightful cinematic pop
  5. Underworld; Barbara Barbara, We Face a Shining Future; Designers make dance
  6. Parquet Courts; Human Performance; Accessible Garage rock
  7. The Kills; Ash and Ice; Alternative pop tunes 
  8. There are probably more that I have forgotten about
  9. Note to self; update this list some time
  10. James? You got that? 



No comments:

Post a Comment